JCB’s new JS220 excavator is the culmination of 48 years’ tracked excavator expertise, offering performance and productivity without compromise.
Designed and developed using our Efficient Design philosophy, the JS220 is an 22-tonne tracked excavator that’s equipped with a host of efficiency, performance, comfort and safety innovations. Like our new award-winning EcoMAX T4i engine, this meets Stage IIIB/Tier 4i legislation without using bulky diesel particulate filter (DPF) which provides a fuel saving of up to 10% over our outgoing models. The machines are supplied with JCB’s new global boom and dipper design with a larger and deeper profile for increased strength and durability.
Our EcoMAX T4i/Stage3B engine uses up to 10% less fuel than our Tier 3 units, saving you money. This is partly because EcoMAX produces high torque at just 1500-1600 rpm, and also because JCB uses efficient advanced hydraulic technology.
JCB JS220 excavators have excellent front visibility, with a 70/30 front screen split and a clear view of the front right track for easy, safe trench digging and manoeuvring.
Because it doesn’t require bulky after-treatment like DPF, the new compact EcoMAX T4i engine can be housed under an innovative low-level bonnet, providing excellent rearward visibility.
For tremendous speed and control, a JCB JS220 excavator has a balanced slew and electronic/hydraulic controlled slew braking. It can also be specified with proportional auxiliary control options for even more smoothness and precision.
An easy-to-read 7” colour multi-function display provides instant operational information, and has customisable home screens
JCB JS220 excavator cabs use 6 viscous rubber mounts to minimise noise and vibration.
We’ve reduced noise to 72dB(A) inside and 99dB(A) outside; because the JS220 excavator creates a quieter working environment inside and out, you can use the machine at any location, any time.
JCB’s 2go system fully isolates hydraulic functions to avoid unintended movements. This new start function means a JCB JS220 excavator can only be started in a safe locked position via two separate inputs.
A new reinforced boom and dipper is made of high tensile strength steel, with three-piece wrapper plates and cast ends for strength and durability.
• Robust cast ends and pivot bosses make the new boom and dipper on this tracked excavator extremely strong.
• The high-strength undercarriage of JS220 tracked excavators is of a fully welded X-frame construction for long-term durability even in the most demanding applications, and the rigid upper frame provides maximum durability and support.
• The turret on JS220 tracked excavators is welded to both the upper and lower undercarriage frames, and stiff, durable doors provide further strength.
• We use Finite Element Analysis with extensive rig and endurance testing to make these 360 excavators last longer.
• For ultimate reliability, we construct our tracked excavators using only the very best componentry, including Berco running gear, Kawasaki pumps and Kayaba main control valves
By using graphite impregnated bronze bushes on the JS220, we’ve increased boom and dipper greasing intervals to 1000 hours for normal applications.
JCB’s In-Cab Monitor checks engine oil levels, coolant, and system errors on start-up.
Because the EcoMAX engine doesn’t need exhaust after treatment, it doesn’t require costly heat-resistant lube oils.
Our innovative recalibration option allows EcoMAX to run on lower grade fuels. This means the JS220 can be resold across different territories, which improves residuals.